Top 7 Reason the IRC channel blows

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#21 MacJunky

MacJunky
  • Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:01 PM

I think #UGM is a great place. At the moment Kansas and Semidos are conversing, I would be involved as well but it is not really my domain. Sure at times #UGM is kinda empty but if people were chatting 24/7 you would not want to leave and miss parts of conversations making sleeping or being on time for school and work hard. Also with constant activity conversations would get mixed and confusing, the amount of beeping alone (or in my case purring) peoples computers would do would piss people off if they were listening to music or attempting to do much of anything else.

As for the amount of forum users using #UGM, well, a quick look at the user list and I see at least 9 out of 12 human users that I recognize from this forum. If you hang around a while you will see that there is plenty of activity, just not all at the same time.
**This user has left as of 2008.01.22**

#22 iMacThere4iAm

iMacThere4iAm
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 03:56 AM

Hehe, mine tweets. Sometimes it gets so irritating when the conversation doesn't interest me, I leave the chan to shut it up...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Spratt_

Spratt_
  • Admins
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:42 AM

I believe what you are labeling as "management blows" has already been addressed. I agree that the childishness by OPs needs to stop.

QUOTE(vaccine @ Nov 3 2006, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2. It has been brought to my attention that people with ops have been abusing their powers and if it continues they will be no longer welcome in the channel. They have been warned. However, keep in mind ops != management.

As for content of the chan, it is a place created largely for offtopic conversation. I have also seen various people list ways to improve it's activity. Such as not just saying something and leaving 30 seconds later, refrain from sending people private dialog and use the chan instead, unless you must.

Also wanted to state that I om on there at the moment and there is five people talking, and they all post on the forums.

Spratt_, Nilkiimas, MacJunky, user (kerben), and iNerd.
Posted Image

#24 halprin

halprin
  • Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:07 PM

I find the IRC channel fine. I was more active in it over the summer but since then I am in school and it takes up a very large chunk of my time that could be spent in the IRC channel.

I agree with Zarkan, you need to get there! It will make it like a bazillion times better!
Posted Image

#25 Subterraneus

Subterraneus

• Members
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 09:12 PM

I've had tons of problems connecting to Undernet when using Linux X-Chat, but when I use X-Chat Aqua, there are no problems, and, disregarding the network, it's a lovely channel.

#26 Zarkan

Zarkan
  • Staff
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 02:04 AM

What kind of problems, Subterraneus? Linux X-chat works just fine for me.
Posted Image

#27 speedviper02

speedviper02
  • Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:47 PM

I say they are being inmature because Ive seen ppl get kicked for fun and also banned for 15 or so mins. And don't say your not being inmature. When ppl are giving users like tweak op and having him kick who ever he wants or banning whoever he wants for no reason I would find that pretty bs.

Just my opion.

(sorry for spelling)
____phyburn____
Posted Image
Please read Rules
Please help in contributing to the WIKI MSKB

#28 oro

oro

Whoopin' Stick!

• V.I.P.
  • 837 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:56 AM

i'm putting this to rest.

irc has it's ups and downs, if you have complaints, do something to work towards a solution or don't bother with it and stop complaining since it no longer effects you. if you do come into the channel, expect that you could get anything but that some of the more prevalent issues are being handled and the staff is doing their best to ensure the best experience we can offer.
Posted Image
f34r t3h n1nj@

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users