Top 7 Reason the IRC channel blows
Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:03 PM
I'm sorry if I was a bit harsh.
Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:45 PM
1. Why would the management change?
2. Check the irc stats compared to the forum stats. There are more than 2 people from the forums active in the channel. Quite a few people who are active on the forums are also active in the channel.
3. Undernet isn't a server, it's a network. If the particular server you're using sucks, use a different one.
4. Who needs nickserv? I don't know if you're aware of this, but the individual letters of the alphabet can be combined in infinite ways. If someone swipes your nick...make a new one.
5. Lots of people are active. We have people from just about every timezone, hence, people are active at different times.
6. Yes, people talk about macs. And linux, and programming, and whatever else.
7. If you don't know who tweak is, you haven't been to the channel enough to form a "bi'st" opinion (I have no idea what that means).
I hate when people bitch about free stuff.
I complain about free shit when the free shit can be imporved to super free shit with out costing money. I just think there is something wrong with the mangagment in there I have never gone in and was able to talk to some one without getting kicked.
Just because you come once in a blue moon don't make the Channel bad. If you don't like the idea of IRC. thats ok. But please don't think your opinion is the only one, that count.
I want to add that also some people from the forums use other nicks on the IRC channel. (eg. Hyoga)..
yea 600post mofos
And about what you said, I am prob one of the most active ppl in IRC at this forum. I find just about every other IRC channel I am at 90% better because I am able to go in there and talk with out getting kicked or banned for 15mins. And plus the managment is not 12 years old.
I think last time I complained about the forum and had histarics it truly did improve greatly. (back when flaming was a prob siph0n =p )
Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:27 PM
By the way im kerben on the irc not user.
Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:56 PM
Nov 02 17:58:32 <tweak> muahaha I can assume the ident of anyone ^_^
Nov 02 17:58:44 --- tweak is now known as spratt_
Nov 02 17:59:33 <MacJunky_G4> until we compare your host address to that of the real users
Nov 02 17:59:33 --- spratt_ is now known as n3z0
Nov 02 18:00:08 <n3z0> !seen phyburn
Nov 02 18:00:10 <Coba1t> phyburn (~firstname.lastname@example.org) was last seen quitting from #UGM 13 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes ago stating (Ping timeout).
Nov 02 18:00:17 <n3z0> nah that wont work my friend
Nov 02 18:00:24 <n3z0> !seen speedviper02
Nov 02 18:00:26 <Coba1t> I found 19 matches to your query. Here are the 5 most recent (sorted): phyburn__ phyburn_ speedviper02 twat igay|speed. phyburn__ (~email@example.com) was last seen quitting from #UGM 24 days, 19 hours, 46 minutes ago stating (Ping timeout).
You'll notice, that all of those are same person. And that persons IP comes right back to you speedviper. Had I been at my comp when you were doing that, you probably would have been kick again.
Oh yes, the comment of the management being younger than 10. Well I can say with perfect certainty that most of us are older than you. If not physically, maturity wise.
And last of all Tweak is a member of #ugm who dissappeared over a month ago, but should be back soon. Had you hung out at #ugm at all you would know who he is..
Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:53 AM
1. We originally weren't on undernet, but we got politely asked to leave the network we were on. Since the few people setting up the channel at the time were familiar with undernet, we went there. No IRC network is perfect. There are splits, and lots of instability everywhere.
2. It has been brought to my attention that people with ops have been abusing their powers and if it continues they will be no longer welcome in the channel. They have been warned. However, keep in mind ops != management.
3. The undernet's choice of chanserv/nickserv isn't a very good reason for not liking the channel. There are ways around it as well. You can set up your own jupebot, pick a slightly different name, etc.
4. Many of the times you have been on the channel, you have talked to me in private message. If you always do that, there will never be any channel involvement.
We are always open for suggestions, if you have something you'd like to see, let us know. What would you like to see different? How can we make it better? I think we are all pretty aware of the problems, let's hear some solutions.
Obviously, like others have said, there's nobody forcing you to go there. If you can't find *any* redeeming qualities, there's no reason to keep bitching.
Posted 04 November 2006 - 04:55 AM
And for not offering a solution I am starting by first bring the subject up. Ill I have to say is get some better managment in there. SOME ONE THAT POST ON THE FORUM. Someone that is actually contributing to the forum not whoever the fuck SemidiosVerdugos never even heard of you.
Edited by speedviper02, 04 November 2006 - 05:01 AM.
Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:47 PM
And for the record I used to post on the forum. Quite a bit, before the site went down and we lost a lot of the data. But I got sick of all the "just google it" to me that doesn't help. I do think it has improved greatly of recent. And when I feel I can contribute I post. But I don't see the need to post just to post. I only post if I have something add.
You seem to have some unique ideas about what #ugm should be. How about you list them? Explain what you would like to see change in the channel in some way other than "the management sucks" and "no one from the forums is there".
Posted 04 November 2006 - 02:37 PM
What has the management done to piss you off so much?
Posted 04 November 2006 - 03:37 PM
Also, who's <10? I thought everyone was quite a bit older than that?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users