Top 7 Reason the IRC channel blows

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 speedviper02

speedviper02
  • Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:52 PM

I am sorry but I truly hate the channel. And we don't want a bi'st opion now do we =0

I really think the channel should be reamp in some way.

1. Managment => 10 years old.
2. There is prob 2 ppl actually from the forum. The rest are random idiots.
3. Undernet is prob the worst IRC server I have ever had to connect to.
4. No nickserv
5. No one is active.
6. Does anyone ever talk about macs in there?
7. who the fuck is Tweak

Edited by speedviper02, 02 November 2006 - 06:53 PM.

____phyburn____
Posted Image
Please read Rules
Please help in contributing to the WIKI MSKB

#2 stewy

stewy

• V.I.P.
  • 602 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(speedviper02 @ Nov 2 2006, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
7. who the fuck is Tweak

The better question is where the fuck is tweak?

#3 speedviper02

speedviper02
  • Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:52 PM

^^ hehe true ^^

<Coba1t> I found [1] matches to your query (sorted):[ tweak ](~none@pool-71-107-214-173.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net) was last seen changing nicks from spratt_ on #UGM 1 minute ago. n3z0 is still there.

Edited by speedviper02, 02 November 2006 - 07:53 PM.

____phyburn____
Posted Image
Please read Rules
Please help in contributing to the WIKI MSKB

#4 Spratt_

Spratt_
  • Admins
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:30 AM

I must agree that the chan does def. need a revamp. However I must insist that it stay on the undernet network.
Posted Image

#5 gogger

gogger
  • V.I.P.
  • 276 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:25 AM

y's that?
Posted Image

#6 Nilkimas

Nilkimas
  • Staff
  • 808 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE(gogger @ Nov 3 2006, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
y's that?

?
|-------------------------| | _.-< nylki >//._.'\_____\STK/ |____________|

#7 jinxy

jinxy
  • V.I.P.
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:30 PM

IRC is a free service. The forums are a free service. You can choose to participate or not participate at your discretion, and I assure you, no one but you cares if you do or not. If you think either the forums or the channel could be better - offer some constructive criticism, or some ideas for how to make either better, but don't be a bitch about it.

1. Why would the management change?
2. Check the irc stats compared to the forum stats. There are more than 2 people from the forums active in the channel. Quite a few people who are active on the forums are also active in the channel.
3. Undernet isn't a server, it's a network. If the particular server you're using sucks, use a different one.
4. Who needs nickserv? I don't know if you're aware of this, but the individual letters of the alphabet can be combined in infinite ways. If someone swipes your nick...make a new one.
5. Lots of people are active. We have people from just about every timezone, hence, people are active at different times.
6. Yes, people talk about macs. And linux, and programming, and whatever else.
7. If you don't know who tweak is, you haven't been to the channel enough to form a "bi'st" opinion (I have no idea what that means).

</soapbox>

I hate when people bitch about free stuff.

#8 Spikelite

Spikelite
  • V.I.P.
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(speedviper02 @ Nov 2 2006, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2. There is prob 2 ppl actually from the forum. The rest are random idiots.

5. No one is active.

6. Does anyone ever talk about macs in there?

#2:

1 Spikelite 3385 yesterday "how the fuck do you miss a 3 in outskirts?"
2 Siph0n 1422 2 days ago "probably most of it you couldn't make out ;P"
3 iNerd 1238 yesterday "sometimes you dont WANT google, you want people"

Top 3 users are TSF users.

5 chefninja 1112 yesterday "fed ex says that my package left china at 1:30am on oct 30"
6 Oropix 953 yesterday "but they used bad grammar all the same"
7 vaccine 808 yesterday "both of mine are off the scale"
8 stewy 618 yesterday "who are these other people we have blocked other than puppet"

There are 7 in the top 10 who are UGM users, one of the top 10 is a bot (this is because of the !quote feature)

#5: Well i think when someone is there enough to type in 23809 words, its fairly active.

Spikelite spoke a total of 23809 words!
Spikelite's faithful follower, Enki, didn't speak so much: 9485 words.

#6: Mac stuff comes up several times a day, however we do talk about many other things as well. Its not purely a Mac channel as Siph0n would say.

I am typically active in the #UGM channel between the hours of 9:00AM (PST) - 5:00PM (PST), typically iNerd is there talking with me or various others. Thats 8 Hours where the channel is not a desert wasteland, I dont know about other times, but I know you can find Kansas there in the early hours and I know its fairly active in the evening. The main problem that gives infrequent users the impression that nothing happens there is that they ask a question and wait 30 sec then leave. We dont just sit there waiting patiently or someone to say something and there are not any IRC channels that have a full on spam going 24/7 unless its the DOTA-ALLSTARS channel and Oropix can tell you what kind of hell that is. If you want to talk, join ask a question say something outrageous or just say hello and wait a few min. Someone is probably around and if not, you just hit an off hour, it will pick up, it always does.
Posted Image

#9 Nilkimas

Nilkimas
  • Staff
  • 808 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:09 PM

I totally agree to jinxy and Spikelite! This channel is pretty active. I enjoy being there..
Just because you come once in a blue moon don't make the Channel bad. If you don't like the idea of IRC. thats ok. But please don't think your opinion is the only one, that count.

QUOTE(jinxy @ Nov 3 2006, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2. Check the irc stats compared to the forum stats. There are more than 2 people from the forums active in the channel. Quite a few people who are active on the forums are also active in the channel.

I want to add that also some people from the forums use other nicks on the IRC channel. (eg. Hyoga)..

Edited by Nilkimas, 03 November 2006 - 01:19 PM.

|-------------------------| | _.-< nylki >//._.'\_____\STK/ |____________|

#10 Spikelite

Spikelite
  • V.I.P.
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:31 PM

Guys I dont think we should totally flame out Phyburn.

If your not a troll of IRC you probably wont get to see it at its best, since for a good portion of the day there isn't a ragging debate going on, but people are active just not talking.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users